COVID-19 UPDATE: The Harris Center building will be closed to visitors until further notice. Our trails and grounds remain open.
Calling All Shutterbugs!
In celebration of the Harris Center’s 50th Anniversary, we’re excited to announce the first-ever Harris Center Photo Contest! We’re seeking photos taken on Harris Center lands or at Harris Center programs (including, but not limited to outings, summer camps, school programs, and citizen science projects) in the following categories:
- People in Nature
- Youth for photographers under the age of 18
Winning photos will be featured — with full credit — in the Fall 2020 Hearsay, as well as on the Harris Center website and social media. Throughout our 50th Anniversary year, select photos will be highlighted as the Photo of the Month in our Bobcat e-newsletter. Top winners in each category will also receive a Harris Center hat.
- Photos must be taken on Harris Center lands or at Harris Center educational programs.
- Each photographer may submit up to 5 photos.
- Photos must be high-resolution jpg files, between 1 MB and 10 MB in size. Photos should be a minimum of 1600px wide.
- Photos should not be watermarked.
- If photos feature people whose faces are recognizable, you must be able to acquire a signed release form from those people or, if they’re under the age of 18, from their parent or guardian.
- Previously published photographs may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant the Harris Center permission to use the image. (See Rights & Permissions, below.)
How to Enter
Submit photos via the button below, or by email to Brett Amy Thelen with the subject line “Photo Contest Entry.” Each entry should include:
- Your first name, last name, city, state, and preferred email address.
- The name of the Harris Center trail, property, or program where the photo was taken.
- A brief caption or description of what’s featured in the photo. If there’s a story, we’d love to hear it!
- Youth Photographers (under the age of 18): please include your age and the name of the school you attend.
All photos must be submitted by September 1, 2020.
Rights & Permissions
By entering the photo contest, you certify that your entry is original and grant the Harris Center full permission to use your photo in publicity materials, including on our website, in print and video, and on social media. All photographs will be credited with the caption “© Photographer’s Name.”
For more information on the Harris Center 50th Anniversary Photo Contest, please contact Brett Amy Thelen at (603) 358-2065 or by email.