COVID-19: The Harris Center building is open by appointment only. Masks are required. For more information or to make an appointment, call us at (603) 525-3394. Our trails and grounds remain open.
The Harris Center simply could not exist without its many dedicated volunteers, who provide invaluable support and expertise in nearly all facets of our work. Here are some ways you can lend a hand:
- Data entry
- Tech support: troubleshoot and update computers, software, and other technology
- Mailings: address and stamp envelopes
Building & Grounds
- Grounds work: spring and fall clean-up
- Gardening: watering, weeding, and planting, especially in our pollinator garden
- Building projects: small carpentry projects; painting
- Special events: help set up or clean up; bake treats; assist with parking
- Trails: monitoring and maintenance
- Photography: of Harris Center lands, outings, and educational programs
- Outings: lead or co-lead a hike, paddle, mountain bike ride, or other outing
- Educational events: assist with the Annual Solar Sprint and other school and community programs
- Land conservation: install signage; monitor conservation easements
- Citizen science: data entry; participate in one of our longstanding citizen science projects
COVID-19 UPDATE: Volunteer opportunities are more limited while our building is closed to the public and large, in-person events are not possible. We still welcome volunteer inquiries, but it might take more time for us to find opportunities that are a good fit for each volunteer’s interest within the limitations imposed by the pandemic. Thank you for your support, and your patience.
For more information or to join our team of fantastic volunteers, please contact Lisa Murray at (603) 525-3394 or by email.