Making Tracks Since 1970
The Harris Center is turning 50, and we’re planning a whole year of celebrations! The festivities will kick off with our 49th Annual Meeting on October 20 and run through our 50th Annual Meeting in October 2020. Along the way, there will be dozens of special events, stories, photos, art, two special books, profiles of people who hold a special place in the Harris Center’s history, commemorative merchandise, and more.
We’ll be launching our “50 Years” webpage — a new home on the web for all things related to the Harris Center’s 50th Anniversary — as part of the Annual Meeting kickoff in October, so stay tuned!
Mark your calendars for these special fall 50th Anniversary events (…and know that there are many more to come in winter, spring, summer, and next fall…)
- Annual Meeting featuring our founder Eleanor Briggs on Oct. 20
- Jefts Cemetery by Dark, a classic Harris Center hike, on Oct. 25
- Live Birds of Prey with Raptor Rehabilitator Tom Ricardi, featuring eight live raptors, on Oct. 26
- Great Meadow Paddle, a classic Harris Center outing, on Oct. 26
- Big Year of Birding: Otter Brook Farm, the first in our Big Year series, on Oct. 27
- An Evening with Walt Whitman, a one-man show, on Nov. 1
- Following in the Footsteps of John Kulish, a rugged backcountry hike, on Nov. 2
- Reading (and Walking) the Forested Landscape with Tom Wessels on Nov. 9
- Big Year of Birding: Waterfowl Migration on Nov. 10
- Bobcats Before Breakfast: Remembering John Kulish, His Book, and His Legacy on Nov. 15
- First-Ever Monadnock Region Natural History Conference on Nov. 16
- Bobcats Before Breakfast Reading & Discussion Group starting Nov. 21
For more information about the Harris Center’s 50th Anniversary celebrations, please contact Lisa Murray at (603) 525-3394 or by email.